Get a Job at United Taxi
United Taxi has job openings available in the following fields: Owner-Drivers, Independent Contractor - Drivers, Staff and Other Employees.
The founding members of United Taxi realized that the key to a professional taxi service is an experienced driver. To this day, an applicant for membership in our association must meet the same rigid requirements we established a quarter-century ago. All applicants must:
- Have a clean driving record free of major violations with no more than three moving violations in a three year period and no more than one chargeable accident within a three year period.
- Have no criminal convictions.
- Pass a map reading test.
- Attend a Defensive Driving program.
The success we have achieved is due in large part to the membership requirements for our association. Unlike most taxi drivers today, our members are career professionals who are proud to provide a needed public service.
All prospective Independent Contractor-Drivers must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or provide proof of legal residence and permit to work.
- Be at least 23 years old.
- Have a valid California Class "C" license for at least 3 years.
- Provide a DMV H-6 printout that is less than thirty (30) days old.
- Not have had any misdemeanor convictions within the past three (3) years.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Be enrolled in a random drug- and alcohol-testing program.
- Not have any physical or mental conditions that would prevent him/her from boarding, alighting, securing and transporting passengers safely.
- Be familiar with Los Angeles County.
- Be screened and approved by United Taxi's insurance carrier.
Be familiar with all the rules and regulations of all jurisdictions they will drive in.
All drivers must also complete United Taxi's in-house three-day safety and operational training course. The course includes both classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel training, taught by a full-time trainer with many years of experience in the industry. Each driver receives a United Taxi Driver Training Manual upon completion of the course.
United Taxi is accepting applications for qualified taxi drivers!
Please come to our office during normal business hours for an application or call our Operations Department at (213) 483-7669 ext. 3015.
STAFF AND OTHER EMPLOYEES
While United Taxi drivers are self-employed, independent contractors, the company also employs over 300 men and women as dispatchers, customer service representatives, accounting, marketing, sales, public relations, clerical personnel and more. In a secure working environment, United Taxi's full-time employees receive:
- Competitive salary
- Full health benefits
- Vacation pay
- Holiday bonuses
- Performance incentives
We are currently accepting applications! Please contact our Human Resources Office during normal business hours at (213)483-7699 ext.3221 for an application.
You will be contacted for an interview at a later date.
UNITED INDEPENDENT TAXI DRIVERS, INC. is an equal-opportunity employer!